Last Update: 14 October 2012
- 3 c Sweet rice (sticky rice or malagkit)
- 3 c water
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk OR coconut milk from 1 medium sized coconut
- 1.5 c brown sugar
- In a rice cooker, mix sweet rice and water. Steam cook. Set aside
- In a big wok, mix coconut milk and sugar. Bring to boil on medium high heat. Stir continuously.
- Reduce heat to medium once it starts to boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until the amount is reduced by half and the consistency is thick or creamy.
- Add boiled rice slowly. Mix thoroughly.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Continue stirring . The secret of Biko is in the constant stirring. Do it by scooping from the outside the mixture around the pan in one direction.
- Biko is done when it doesn't spread too much when left without stirring.
Next Recipe: Chicken Pork Adobo »