Dinuguan (Pork Blood Stew)
- 1/2 kilo pork (diced)
- 1/8 kilo pork liver (diced)
- 1 small head of garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 pieces laurel leaves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- 2 cups stock
- 1 cup pig blood (frozen)
- 4 long green peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a pot, simmer pork for 30 minutes and remove scum that rises to the surface. Keep stock.
- In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic and onion for a minute.
- Add in pork, pork liver, laurel leaves, patis, salt & pepper and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add in vinegar and bring up to a boil without stirring.
- Lower heat and allow simmering uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add in stock and allow simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add in blood, sugar and long green peppers.
- Cook for 10 minutes more or until consistency thickens, stirring occasionally to avoid curdling.
- Serve hot with puto.
Last Update: 01 January 2010