Last Update: 01 January 2010
- 1 kilo whole chicken (cut into parts or choice cuts of breast, thighs of wings).
- 2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote
- 1/2 cup dahon ng sili
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 head garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons patis
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a casserole, heat oil and saute' garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken and water.
- Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in papaya or sayote, allow to cook.
- When ready to serve, put in dahon ng sili.
- Serve hot.
Next Recipe: Crispy Pata Recipe »