Last Update: 01 January 2010
- 1 small chicken fryer, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lbs. pork cut in 1-inch pieces, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 chinese sausages
- 6 small potatoes, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers (red preferrably), cut in 1/8 pieces
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 cups rice boiled (2c sticky rice, 1c jasmine rice) in 3 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk (gata)
- 1/2 cup butter (1/2 bar)
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 garlic cloves and 1 head onion (finely chopped - for sauteeing)
- Place chicken and pork in frying pan and saute with garlic, onion and a slice of butter. Cook chicken and pork.
- Season with salt and pepper until slightly brown.
- In a deep sauce pan fry garlic, onions and tomatoes in butter in the given order.
- Add the potatoes, chicken, pork and sausages.
- Stir and cover until meat and potatoes are done.
- Add water if necessary.
- Add the bell peppers, peas and black olives.
- When meat and vegetables are done, remove some of the stock from the meat and set aside.
- Add the cooked rice to the meat and mix thouroughly.
- Add remaining stock and season to taste.
- Cook on low heat until mixture becomes quite dry.
- Serve on platter and garnish top with sliced hard boiled eggs. stuffed olives, bell pepper strips and sprigs of parsley leaves.
Next Recipe: Beef Kaldereta »